3-Piece Winter Parka, Official "Fishtail"
January 19, 2010
[$70 postpaid in the USA. OUT OF STOCK.] Here's a famous military Extreme Cold Parka. It's not as heavy as my Extreme Winter Parka surplus N3B, but it's more versatile. It's probably also more realistic: you can wear it for winter activities (like hiking and skating) and not-overheat -- yet it's still windproof and is famous for its long-length protection. So it would be fine for a windy winter hike and campout. My beast of a N3B might be best for ice-fishing. This is a 3-piece. A quilted liner buttons into the jacket. It has a detachable hood with fake fur trim. The hood has a wire-rim so it can be shaped however you like. I guess it's called a "fishtail" because it hangs low and can be cinched up around your legs. It seems to be new. It says NATO on it. It's of the M-65 type, I think (maker is "So-Sew"). It seems like they can go for $100. Did ya know that the moped Mods of the 50's-60's were into 'em? My wholesaler had these last year and I thought I'd give them a try, but it seems like he's out of them now so this is the only one I have. It's a Medium but fits me fine at 6 foot, 175 lbs, 42" chest.
Here are some specs for it:
· TREATED AGAINST RAIN & WIND
· HEAVY DUTY BRASS ZIP WITH PRESS STUD STORM FLAP
· ADJUSTABLE WIND PROOF STORM CUFFS
· DRAW STRING WAIST
· EXTREME COLD WEATHER DETACHABLE INSULATED INNER LINER
· 100% PADDED AND QUILTED LINING FOR EXTRA WARMTH.
· DETACHABLE HOOD WITH REAL SYNTHETIC FUR TRIMMING AND DRAW STRING CLOSURE
· GENUINE UNITED STATES MILITARY ISSUE
· TOUGH WEARING COTTON/NYLON OUTER SHELL
· QUILTED BUTTON FASTENED DETACHABLE LINER
· ROBUST METAL ZIP WITH PRESS STUD FASTENED STORM FLAP
· TWO LARGE POCKETS WITH PRESS STUD FASTENED STORM FLAPS
· DRAWSTRING WAIST AND HEM
Related Articles & Good Stuff
Views From a Wider Range of OYB